Your baby is of course one of the most beautiful and sweetest human being. But they will not be the same without proper care. Even the most stunning babies need grooming and care. You must be expert or learn how to care your baby carefully. We are here to assist you in order to keep your baby most stunning baby now and then. Here are some tips:
Learning about breastfeeding first
Babies used to a job pretty good and it’s eating milk. You need to adept nursing abilities quickly. For this, you need to think of paths to make sure of your success before adopting a child. You might seek help from your friends, doctors, and consultant for breastfeeding. Introduce bottle after breastfeeding. 6 to 8 weeks (According to some experts it is better to introduce before 3 months) is good for that.
New born babies either sleep or awake. Parents are usually on constant alert and exhausted. You must not be tired. You have only one goal and that is obviously caring your baby. Parents may switch their turns to take care of their baby. The best advice is you can sleep when your child sleeps, take naps and go to bed together. Sometimes babies are cranky. They always cry and fall asleep here and there. Don’t worry about this habit right now; let your baby sleep on your chest, sofa, soft pillow or car seat wherever she wishes.
In the first cloudy weeks, it is hard to find out what the baby exactly wants. Soothing fussy infants can be done by swaddling, shushing, swaying, and allowing babies to hold and suck babies in order to trigger soothing reflex. Parents will learn by trial and error method. You need to play tunes and warm things up by making warm wipes. There are several electric wipe warmer.
Doing things together
In general it happens that mom takes care of baby and first time dad hesitates to get involved because of the fear of incurring wrong. However, it is up to the mom to hand over the baby and allow dad to make mistakes without criticizing them. Mom let dad figure things to do. Mom needs to ask her husband to take holiday and time off from work to stay with baby and to let her enjoy a little time to herself.
You need to be rational. New born babies want constant care that can drain you. You need to take care of yourself. You need to decide what is best for you and your baby. Concentrate on your baby and skip the housework for first few months. If your relatives, neighbors, husbands want to help you when you take shower or work, accept the help if they are nice and friendly. Don’t be afraid of telling what you need and ordering people around you. Do things which are easy and less time consuming and let others do works like cooking, washing, shopping, sweeping etc.
Bathing a new born baby is difficult. The skin of the baby is protected is a soft, white ingredient which is made up of oils. The layer of the skin acts as an obstacle. It is advised to let natural layer continue to ward off bacteria by keeping baby’s skin healthy and moisturized. When the creamy substance is slough off on its own within five to ten days, your baby needs first bath. A sponge bath, washing body with a soft warm cloth dipped in warm water, is effective to make your baby fresh and clean in the very first month. Use unscented soap, formulated for babies, to clean one to three times per week after the first month. Always select time to complete her bath when she is awake. You need to undress her in a warm room and keep everything around you while bathing baby. It is advised not to clean inside her nose or ears. Wash her face and neck with cooled boiled water. Keep the temperature of the water between 36 and 37 degree Celsius. Take help of warm towel.
New born babies don’t understand the concept of day night. It is absurd to expect that baby will sleep during night and stay awake during day like you. Some babies sleep 16 hours a day; some may sleep 2 hours a day. For the first few months, keep your baby with you and in the same room, of course, all the day.
Baby cries from the first breathe she takes. The first crying is like a whimper followed by full bodied crying. However, take note that crying is like communication though which she tells whether she is tired, comfortable or uncomfortable, hungry or not. You need to learn the way she is crying in order to distinguish why she is doing so.
First nappy is obviously a surprise for the babies. The first stools could be black and green in color and sticky. However, the color and consistency of the stools will not be the same once feeding is recognized. If you are feeding her in bottle, the color will change into yellowish-orange. You need to be worried of the stools if they are soft.
For ensuring efficiency at absorbing liquid like urine, you can use disposable nappy. In the early weeks, you may need to get through six to eight nappies per day. When existing nappy becomes wet or soiled, you need to change. In this situation, wipe warmer can be solution. However, while undoing dirty nappy, hold it for some moments because your baby may pee as she feels cold air. It’s better to use any clean part of the dirty nappy in order to wipe away things. Then use wipes or cotton wool, warm water to clean the area to avoid getting back germs. Boys need to be cleaned around the dirty areas. Prepare and get your baby ready for a new nappy.
Travelling with babies
Travelling without a baby and with a baby is very much different. If you are with someone else like sisters, husbands, or others; enlist and educate them to act as backup if necessary. But if you are alone, it’s very difficult. You may need to stick to place which is baby friendly. You need to keep diaper bag packed with you and keep spare adult clothes beside extra diapers. You may plan well, but keep in mind that you may need to abandon your plans for the sake of your baby. You need to embrace these things.
Keeping your baby safe
There are risks that several syndromes attack an infant. To reduce risks, you need to be more careful. You need to place baby in her back. Don’t let baby too hot, keep baby’s head uncovered. Keep her bed away from sunlight and hot radiators. You need to use new mattress. Be aware of smoking. Ensure that you are not drunk and share your bed while drinking. After all you can set devices that monitor baby’s movement.
You need to take care of your baby whole day. Never let her away or keep an instant backup with you to avoid unwanted things. In this chapter, we will show you how to care an infant.
- Face: New born babies’ face is like sometimes reddish, spotted. However, nothing to worry, it’s natural and harmless. What you need to do is that wash her face with [easyazon_link identifier=”B000HK1OOY” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]Unscented Soap Baby[/easyazon_link].
- Eyes: Babies’ eyes may be yellowish, caused by blocked tear canal. You need to wipe the area with cotton soaked with warm water.
- Scalp: Parents sometimes feel tensed seeing scaly scalp condition which will disappear in the early months. You need to wash her hair with a baby shampoo less than three times a week and use soft toothbrush or hairbrush to clear the scaly scalp.
- Nose: It is common that infant’s nasal passage is narrow. This passage tends to fill with mucus frequently. Babies’ narrow nasal passages tend to fill with mucus. You need to be very careful while clearing nose and nasal passage. Carefully unblock nostrils with a small [easyazon_link identifier=”B00171WXII” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]nasal bulb nozzle[/easyazon_link].
- Nails: Use small baby nail clippers or scissors after the bath or when your baby is in sleep. When she fall asleep, fingers will be relaxed. Note that babies’ nails are very soft and you might scratch her sensitive skin while clearing.
- Skin: Use unscented soap and complete baths within ten minutes in the first few months. You must wear her cotton clothing to protect her skin.
- Bottom: Babies’ skin is sensitive and moisturized which leads to frequent diaper change. Clear your baby’s bottom with warm water, avoid using wipes, use creams like petroleum jelly or other creams that possess white zinc oxide.
- Legs: New born babies’ legs are softy, bowed out. However, you need not be worried because it’s natural and will be straight within six to 18 months.
- Ears: Do not get in hurry to clean your baby’s ear. It will be cleaned naturally. No cotton swab is needed. However, to wipe away dust and drainage around the external area, you may use warm washcloth.
- Mouth: Bacteria may attack babies’ mouth and set up camp even before teeth appear. It is an important task to her mouth clean and bacteria free by clearing them with a clean, damp cloth on a daily basis. Once teeth appear, use soft baby toothbrush and fluoride free toothbrush.
Q: Do babies know who their mother is?
Babies can feel who her mother is.
Q: How can I make my newborn healthy?
Of course being careful and following tips discussed above.
Q:How do you handle a newborn?
Handling a newborn baby is always a difficult task. However, we have discussed about this in this article.
Q:What can a baby see at 1 week old?
Babies’ insight is very week. They are nearsighted and can observe things within 8 to 10 inches away from them. If you are holding her close, baby could see your face clearly.
Q:Do babies feel love?
Babies feel attachment. They feel, hear, and smell.
Q:Do babies know their dad?
Babies can identify their father from the womb with their blurry vision.