Many going to be mom, both first timer and old, face hassle while organizing a diaper bag. Many of them put several things in the bag like baby’s pacifier, snacks, phones etc. They are tired of looking through the bag for the pacifier at the right moment, aren’t they? Of course they are, to some extent to higher than that. Doesn’t it look like a wind just going through the bad for a container?
This problem along with many others is caused by not having an organized diaper bag.
A well-organized bag can relief you from wasted time, space, and hassles. Many of you can question me what is the need of putting everything in the diaper bag. I bet it is necessary some time for being relaxed from carrying lots of bag. So how can you pick everything necessary you need in a single diaper bag and find the right things at the right moment efficiently?
How to organize diaper bag? To answer your queries, I am here to help you with some tricks to organize diaper bag and keep the things in order. I discuss the overall things by dividing into separate parts so that it helps you to get perfect solution. After reading this article, it helps you to:
- Choose best diaper bags with the best features.
- Select things to put in your diaper bag in the form of a checklist.
- Look into a three-step packing order theory for packing things.
- Find amazing 10 tricks that will help you save space and time.
Let’s discover all the amazing things!!
1. Choosing best diaper bags:
A good-featured bag is the first step done in having an organized bag. Choosing right bag includes checking whether there are:
- Sufficient internal and external pockets
- Protected pockets
- Attached changing pad
- Pre-organized space and container for keeping lotions and cream
- Multifunctional pockets etc.
Remember that you can use this bag for multiple years that can facilitate multiple kids. So don’t hesitate invest more in a good bag. Here some good diaperbag along with their specs are mentioned:
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B071KVT72N” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]Graco Backpack Diaper Bag with Smart Organizer[/easyazon_link] (for having lots of storage poclets, wipe dispenser, front zipper pocket for keeping wallet, phone, hand sanitizer, important keys)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000G2B2PY” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]Diaper Dude Messenger Diaper Bag for Dads[/easyazon_link] (It is nice and has three exterior zips, elsaticized bottle pocket, and attached changing pad)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00J4J2CLS” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]Skip Hop Messenger Diaper Bag[/easyazon_link] (It’s fashionable and has many storage pockets, two exterior zip pockets, toy loop, insulated bottle pockets, adjustable stroller straps. To store baby’s disrty clothes or cream, it has a wipe-clean zip pocket)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B07C3SWZXK” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]RUVALINO Diaper Bag Backpack[/easyazon_link] (It’s convenient and durable. It has changing pad, 2 zipper compartments, sixteen pockets, and also insulated bottle packets)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B071RLWKGQ” locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]HaloVa Diaper Bag[/easyazon_link] (It has best quality material like fabric which is water resistant, large separate pockets for keeping things in different pockets. It can be used as a backpack too)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B071DQSWS3″ locale=”US” tag=”savingnook-20″]Mancro Organizer Baby Back Pack[/easyazon_link] (It is durable because of using nylon fabric. It has 14 large pockets, two insulated pockets in the side for keeping bottles, front zipper, changing pad there with two straps. It also has anti-theft system)
You can also buy diaper bags from Amazon, online shops or from your nearest super shop.
2. Things to be packed:
After choosing and buying your favourite diaper bag, you need to know what can be included in your bag. Here is a basic checklist of the things you may need:
- Sufficient diapers
- Diaper cream
- A separate wet bag for keeping filthy clothes and diapers
- Extra clothes
- Hand sanitize
- Snacks for both parents and baby
- Bottles for keeping water and milk
- Swaddle blankets for baby
- Baby’s favorite toys
- Sunscreen cream, spray etc. supplies
- Parent’s essentials like wallet, phone, keys, books etc.
Please note that things to be included entirely depend on your personal preferences and your baby’s age. However, these things are basic things.
3. Packing order
You have already bought the best bag in the town and accumulated things you need to be packed. I used to call it Packing Order Theory of organizing a bag. Now, you need to pack these things accordingly. So, let’s start packing using the simple three steps:
- At the first step, unzip every pockets and sections of the bag.
- Clear existing stuffs and clean the bag to remove dusts and unnecessary things.
- Start keeping things in diaper bag by zones.
I suggest following packing order:
- Keep diapers, wipes, cream, wet bag in some pockets at first.
- Keep extra clothes first and essential clothes above extras for your baby in another pocket.
- Keep feeding materials like bottles, snacks, bibs in a pocket that is easy to catch and has less possibility of leaking.
- Roll the blanket and essential clothes and store in interior compartments.
- Keep the baby’s toys and entertainment materials in exterior zips.
- At last, keep your materials like phone, card, documents etc. in exterior compartment.
- This is the order of packing things I follow each time while packing diaper bag. It will save space in your bag.
4. Organizing Tricks:
You have already known to the packing order of the things. Now I am here to provide you with 10 amazing tricks that I used to follow while organizing baby’s diaper bags. Let’s get started!
- Keep things minimum to avoid extra hassle while organizing. Make a list of things to be organized and mark them as most important to important.
- Buy a bag with lots of interior and exterior pockets and attached changing pad.
- Always keep a dry bag for filthy clothes.
- Always follow a filling system.
- Use SNAP documentary system because it is customizable and easy. Write star sign beside the things that is important and keep them in the above than other less important things.
- Use single compartment for similar products or things. You can use a pocket for sunscreen, sun cream, sun hat, and spray in a single pocket. Like this one, create different sections like baby utensils, baby clothes, wet bag section, toy sections etc. for keeping similar things.
- Use labelled organizer that is so that you do not need to dig through the bag for getting pacifier and other things.
- Pack snacks like puffs, dry cereal, or crackers in a container that can hold more than just supplies. It will help on the go snacking.
- You need to keep contents cold and of course, not leaked. But the problem is that you cannot put an icepack in the diaper bag. Tensed? Relax. Use frozen sponge in a zip lock to keep contents cold. As ice melts down, the sponge will saturate water that will prevent leaking. Price, of course, is not a big deal as it has a low price tag.
- Avoid the guessing game with a free printed checklist. I, from my personal experience and observation, have created a checklist given above. You may create your own. The main point is securing packing list in a laminated from and attached to your bag so that it helps you while heading out of house with your baby.
So, Hope that you have already got solution to your queries. Now, you know what bag to buy, how to organize, what to include in the diaper bag. You know where your much need things are. It seems your diaper bag is designed for storing stuffs only for you with a perfect size. Bring happy hour with your baby. Cheers to you and your baby!!